I'm laying here in bed in a guest room at my grandparents' home in Austin, TX. I can't explain how good it's been to get away and spend quality time with my Texas family. I've alsp had a good amount of time to spend alone and reflect on life and forget about problems back home. It's been good to imagine what life will be like this time next year, away from Cali, in TX or NY.
But I do miss two things right now (the first is obvious): 1) my family (mom, dad, jon, jos, jase) and 2) my computer.
But the computer thing hasn't been all that bad. I thought I was more of a slave to technology--and maybe I am--but it's not as bad as I first suspected. For example, although I have the ability to walk across the hall or go downstairs to use a desktop with high-speed internet access, I have instead limited myself to using my cell phone. I have only updated Facebook status's and checked work email. well, I did try to do a mobile upload of this cute cowboy I spotted... but that's another story.
I'm slowly getting to a point here, and it's not as easy as I thought... so i'll just say it.
As I said, I am doing great with limited internet access, and there are certain things about it that I DO NOT look forward to coming back to...
What is it with people who feel they must anounce via Facebook/MySpace status how drunk they are, will be, or were? What is the point?! I don't get it. Okay, I can understand being drunk and in the moment typing in a funny status message about being tipsy. Most of us are pretty shameless when we've been drinking. But before and after when you are sober and/or hungover? Who the F cares!
What kind of statement are you trying to make? Does giving off a fun, partying, alcoholic vibe make you a fun, cool person? What is the motive? Whatever it is, it probably won't fool people unless it is making yourself look like a fool that causes you to self disclose such potentially humiliating information.
It's one thing to get drunk and have a good time, and then talk about it with friends the next day. But c'mon, posting status's like, "dude so hungover" or "getting wasted tonight" is pathetic.
Well, i'm off... goin' to DTF to party hardy and get crunk. Ya'll are gonna miss out! But no worries, i'll take plenty of pics and post'em on Facebook tomorrow after I puke my gutts out and recover from an icky hangover. But it'll be so worth it! ;) oh and plz comment--especially on the pic of me when I make out with the toilet, you know, right before I pass out in urine and after I slip in puke.
We've all been there (some worse than others)... but does everyone have to know about it? Even if people don't see it because they missed the newsfeed or don't care to look, are you still ok with this information being so easily accessible for anyone to see?
Sunday, January 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I dunno, knowing when everybody is getting their drink on is what I sign up for when I become their facebook friend, right? Wait, maybe not.
Haha. I know what you mean about all this. I work in the same office as Greek Life...can people grow up and start talking like adults?
"Going to D&B on Thursday for Asian Night! Oh dang. I'll be sure to post pics of all the fun you missed out on!" Haha
::cheers with my Shirley Temple::
Post a Comment