Sometime Around Midnight...
-Anytime between 11:00pm and 2:00am.
-Prime time for deep thought and reflection.
-Sometimes, the hours around midnight can be extremely lonely.
-Other times, you are surrounded by the of best friends.
-Midnight can bring extreme joy when you're...
- dancing at a club in Hollywood, and finding the most random bars in L.A.
- sipping a glass of sangria with a friend during the summer.
- watching a movie with family, warm and cozy by the fire, on a chilly winter evening.
- at a Jack In the Box or Taqueria De Anda drive-thru after an adventurous night on the town.
- ice cold in New York City, tipsy, feet killing you, but you keep going because you and your friends are retracing your steps from the night before and looking for the "count up" sign.
- playing Mad Gab, Apples to Apples, Taboo and sipping on "doodles" while yelling out answers and arguing whether she said "debit" or "debt."
-The sudden inspiration to write often occurs sometime around midnight.
Midnight is a pivotal time. It's really odd if you think about it. You're moving into the future, into another day that still hasn't seen the light of day. You're in between a day that you have lived and are continuing, and continuing into the next day that you have yet to complete. You have the opportunity to catch a glimpse into the next 24 hours. In a way, you have a head start.
Midnight is when I take the most risks. When I am home around midnight, sometimes I'll sit on the porch and just think, other times I'll go for a drive and find a vantage point overlooking the city. It's when my senses are the most sensitive. If I were to go outside right now, I could savor the smell of the moist evening air, and the light scent of the plants and roses in the front yard will smell stronger than they do in the daylight.
Midnight... I feel so alive, even in my deadest moments. Therefore, it is naturally the most ideal time for me to blog, because I am inspired and can think with clarity.


No comments:
Post a Comment