It is a beautiful, crisp, clear, cool day in October. What a wonderful complement to an incredible moment in life.
Jase is my angel.
I cried today as his mommy and daddy (my brother) took him out for the first time since he came home. He was so cute in his little LA Dodgers beanie cap, and "MVP" onesies. I can't explain why I cried. I just know that as I think about this precious, fragile new life living here in my house, he has suddenly become my whole world. I am so happy for Jonathan (Daddy) and Joslyn (Mommy), I can only imagine the extreme joy they feel. I can see it on their faces. It's like Christmas---but far better!
This baby boy is my world. I am crying as I type this... He is so precious and I never knew how much this would effect me until now. Every time I look at him, tears of joy stream down my face. I think I've done a good job at hiding it ;). I can't stop looking at him, and thinking about the life he has ahead of him.
As Jon carefully strapped Jase into his car seat, Joslyn joined him in the back. The love and care they have for Jase is amazing. Jase has brought out the absolute best in my family over the past week. I feel like a huge weight has been lifted off our shoulders and we can all be happy. We can all share the joy.
I am so happy that Jon, Jos, and Jase are living with us for the time being. I couldn't imagine it any other way. What a blessing. I am so grateful to be able to spend the first year of Jase's life in the same home before I leave for grad school.
Jase has saved me. I'm not numb anymore, I am truly happy right now. :)


1 comment:
omg holly im really really happy for you.
and i know how it feels haha. babies are so fragile and precious and they make you want to protect them from EVERY bad thing in the world. aw now i cant wait for my nephew to come back :)
hope everything is going well with you!!! =)
Post a Comment