Thursday, February 5, 2009

Waking Up

My Great Grandma and Great Grandad are getting very old. Both hitting their early 90s. They live a peaceful life in a British countryside town called Sturminster Newton in Dorset, England. I wish I couldn't count on my two hands the amount of times I have actually seen them. However, I know enough about them to have heard great stories about their adventurous life, and that I now have a valuable insight into figuring out what really matters in life:

Every day when they wake early in the morning, they stare into each others' eyes, give each other a kiss, and say,

Well, we both woke up again...
...together in this world.

I will have this kind of love one day. However long I have to wait---it will be completely worth it.

It will be worth waking up one day and realizing this kind of love isn't just a distant fairytale-like story I heard from my grandparents.

How great will it be to tell my children and grandchildren the same thing, giving them the same hope and confidence in realizing that reality and fairytale may not be so different after all.


3 comments:

Kamisaurus said...

That is the cutest thing of my life.

Anonymous said...

Although I am a pessimist about an ideal love, or love at all!...I hope that it is really out there...and to be honest, I hope to experience that "fairytale" love as well....kudos to your grandparents

Robert said...

This reminds me of my grandparents relationship.
Its nice to know that a love like that can exist in this world of hatred and bigotry.
Someday I hope to experience the kind of love that both your grandparents and my grandparents experienced.